Saturday, April 6, 2013

Ultimate Blog Party 2013


This is my first time participating in a blog party! I'm a little unsure of how this works, but I'm still awake and it seems like a good idea, so let's go for it!

Ultimate Blog Party 2013

Hi, I'm Kyla, massage therapist turned mother. I started this blog after my first daughter Rosemary was born three years ago. The blog name comes from my husband lovingly saying I looked like a mom when I asked him if I looked decent enough to run to Target one day. :-/

Here are my two girls, Poppy (10 months) and Rosemary (3).
IMG_0173

What do I write about? Well, both girls were born premature, so this blog has lots of NICU and prematurity related posts. Unless an accident happens (unlikely, I got an IUD), we are done having kids. I'm not sure how much more I'll focus on prematurity in the posts to come, but you can't deny that it's where we came from. I grieved over my inability to breastfeed Rosemary, and rejoice every day I nurse Poppy. We cloth diaper. Currently, I'm experimenting with homeschooling Rosemary, but I don't expect it will last past preschool. I post a few recipes here and there. I've had type 1 diabetes since I was a kid, so preserving the health of my children is very important to me.

Overall, this blog has little bits of everything, but mostly, it serves as a record. I don't have the best memory, and scrolling through old blog posts is the best way for me to recapture those moments of my girls growing up: times of joy, times of stress, milestones reached, problems overcome. I invite you into these moments because misery deserves company... haha, no, I share them to join this wonderful community of bloggers. I like reading your stories, too.

Thanks for dropping by. Please leave a comment letting me know you were here! :-)

signature

7 comments:

Jessica said...

I found you from UBP2013. I'm sorry to hear you had to handle prematurity, but your girls look so happy and healthy now. :)

Unknown said...

I found you from UBP2013 too! My blog is in spanish, but i post a lot of activities for kids.

Your girls are very pretty!

Nanette said...

Hi Kyla,

Stopping by from the UBP2013 as well. Since I was a preemie I feel like I fit in here lol. Your girls are just lovely.

anymommy said...

It's funny how your writing moves on from such big life events as they slip farther and farther behind you. The same thing has happened to me. It feels good and it feels sad.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Stopping by from the UBP13. Nice to 'meet' you.
www.gigglesandchatterboxing.wordpress.com

CupcakesandHomeschool said...

Happy UBP! I am also a mom of two girls, and I homeschool. Cute blog!

Unknown said...

So glad I found you through UBP13, especially because your a KYLA!!!! My oldest daughter is named Kyla, and you'll be the third one I've ever met in my life (and each has been awesome). I'm also a newb at bloggin, but I've been an educator and foster parent (seemingly forever) and I've got a lot that I want to share with others. I'm an adoptive dad of 2 treasures. They both suffer from brain damage (FASD), but I've been blessed countless times over by having them in my life. I think you will really enjoy my blog and facebook page too (at least come "meet" my Kyla). www.wiselearners.com or www.facebook.com/wiselearners It was great meeting you (even if your name wasn't Kyla).

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...