Sunday, August 22, 2010

(Green Tea) Lactation Cookies

I've been using the following recipe to make Lactation Cookies:

Lactation Cookies

1 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp water
2 tbsp flaxseed meal*
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 generous Tbsp brewer's yeast**
3 cups oats (thick cut if you can find them)

Optional:
1 cup chocolate chips, raisins, etc.

*Can be found at any health food store.
**It MUST be brewer's yeast!



Directions
Preheat oven at 375 degrees F. Mix together flaxseed meal and water, set aside for 3-5 minutes. Cream (beat well) margarine and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, mix well. Stir flaxseed mixture and add with vanilla to the margarine mix. Beat until blended. Sift together dry ingredients, except oats and chocolate chips (if using). Add to margarine mixture. Stir in oats then chips. Scoop or drop onto baking sheet, preferably lined with parchment or silpat.

Bake 8-12 minutes, depending on size of cookies.

Yields: 6 dozen cookies


Yes, they work. I get an extra ounce of milk out of each breast when I eat these cookies, about two per pumping session. I'm a huge fan of white chocolate, but I don't like its standard cookie pair of macadamia nuts, so I throw a whole bag of white chocolate chips into the mix and then experiment with other additives. My favorite combination so far is white chocolate chips with 3 tbsp of matcha (powdered green tea, found at Asian markets). The yummy flavor of the matcha successfully overcomes the sour taste of the brewer's yeast. I highly recommend it!!!! I've also wanted to try brewing a green tea bag in the flaxseed water, but I forgot to do that this time. There's so little water that I'm not sure it will make much of a difference. Anyway, happy baking (and lactating)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...