Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Long Drive Home


Emotionally I'm (mostly) okay with Poppy being in the NICU, but physically I'm getting worn away at the seams. Today was tiring. From the four hours of sleep last night (gotta wake up to pump), to a sibling meeting with another baby in Poppy's section gone awry ("I don't like my brother!"), to a neurotic nurse who is seriously OCD, and feeding disagreements with the doctors, today has been a loooooong day.

When it came time to go home, I made it back to my car in the parking garage, sent Senpai a text asking him to take care of dinner, and then.... I dropped my chair back and took a nap. Senpai called an hour later, "Are you out of the city yet?" Umm, not exactly. I worked the kinks out of my neck, raised the seat up, turned on the engine, and started the long drive home.


signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...