Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Live-Blogging Potty Training, Day 2

I didn't think I would blog again today, but Senpai mentioned how he liked visiting the page and being kept abreast of our day while he was work. Here we are again, keeping Daddy and the blogosphere informed of our progress.

8 am - Today has not started so well as yesterday. R woke up at 6. I refuse to get out of bed until 7. She sat on the big potty when we finally came downstairs to start the day, but nothing happened because she had already gone in her diaper, understandably. I put her in a new diaper while she ate breakfast, and now I can't get it off of her. She didn't want her post-meal potty time, and she won't hold still to let me put panties on her. She's started playing with blocks... I think now is my opportunity to do the switch.

9 am - She just peed a little bit in the travel potty. I had given her some juice, so I'm still waiting for the rest of the pee.

10:15 am - More pee (and a goldfish!) in the travel potty while she watches "Peep's Big Wide World." No accidents yet today. I'm turning off the tv.

10:20 am - She just wet herself next to the slide. There's nothing like the slide to get this girl peeing. I'm tempted to put a puppy mat in front of it. :-p Based on yesterday and today's happenings, tomorrow I will start to implement a mandatory 10 am big potty break. While the travel potty is nice, she doesn't fully relieve herself on it.

11:06 am - I had sat her on the big potty from 10:40 to 11:05 in the hopes of getting her to poop, but no such luck.

1 PM - She's down for her nap now. I had put her on the potty for 5 minutes just before lunch to see if she would get everything out of her system before wetting herself in the high chair, but she didn't go, so guess what happened on the high chair. Sitting on the potty after lunch she didn't do anything either. We're still waiting for poop today. Two accidents in this first round.

I'm well aware that right now this whole potty training adventure seems to be more about training me than her. I'm holding on to the moment yesterday when she stopped watching Winnie the Pooh (!!!) to let me know to take her to the big potty. And then she peed. It was beautiful. I need more moments like that. Tell me you have to go, Sweetie, hold it until you get on a potty. That's all I'm asking. These are the things that will come with time. For now I have to keep an eagle eye on her, and I will admit, it's getting boring. I'm really curious to see where we'll be by the end of the week.

3 pm - I need lots of calm and strength right now. She woke up early from her nap. I took her to the potty, nothing happened, and she was in a sour mood. I took her back upstairs to finish her nap. She isn't looking like she's going to fall back to sleep and that has both of us feeling crabby. I'm not sure how to continue from here.

9 pm - Are you wondering, "What happened to the rest of the day?" Haha, it was rough. I needed to get out of the house before I had a Mommy Meltdown (in capital letters, because it was baaaad), so I threw a diaper on R and we went to Target. I strapped her into her stroller, got myself a Frappuccino, and met up with Senpai who stopped by on his way home from work. Sigh, much better. We went home, abandoned potty training for the rest of the day, cooked our usual Tuesday dinner of frozen pizza, then I went off to bellydance class. When I came home, R was in bed as she should've been, catching up on some much needed sleep.


It was the short nap that killed the afternoon. Usually she sleeps for 2-3, sometimes even 4 hours during her afternoon nap. For her to wake up after only 1 hour today, after going to bed late last night and waking up early this morning... it was just bad. Her mood was horrible, and in my trying to "fix" her mood by forcing her to go back to sleep, but she wasn't having it, which pissed me off... oh, it was bad. When I find myself taking away her beloved Pooh doll and saying, "You don't deserve Pooh!" I know something has gone horribly wrong. Potty training had to be abandoned because neither of us could handle it as frazzled as we were.

Do I try again tomorrow? Senpai says no. I think I need to relax the standards a bit... use more diapers throughout the day, and just toss on training pants at certain times, as opposed to trying to keep her in training pants for all of her waking hours. The reason I started this potty training adventure was because R had been fighting both the potty and diapers. I wanted to switch things up for her to try something new. Come to think of it, this afternoon she was fighting both the potty and diapers again, but that could be from the tiredness.

She just woke up screaming... I wonder if she's teething? Ahh, babies. We'll never figure them out.


signature

1 comments:

anymommy said...

Potty training. It's just not fun. Hang in there. Or, give up (that's what I did, I love diapers.)

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...