Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Cupcake's Lexicon

R speaks words! She has for awhile now, but here, at the second birthday mark, I thought I should type out her current lexicon for posterity.

dog - could be the animal or "draw"
muk - milk
poo-poo - means both pee and poop
head
eyes
ears
muh - mouth
unch - lunch
mao - cat
choo-choo - trains or cars
shoes
shu - lotion or soap
juice
apple - apples, any type of fruit, or tomatoes
Pooh (of course)
Win-na-pooh - Winnie the Pooh
Ti - Tigger
Owl
bees
beebee - baby
ahni - honey
hi
bye
ball
up
peas - please


Her latest sentence is "I like this!" Her favorite phrases are "all done," "beebee rock" (baby rock, aka rock-a-bye baby), and "nigh nigh" (bedtime).

It's the sentences that I love the most. In the past, she has said, "I did it!" "What is this/that?" and a couple of others that were only ever said once. Even though she zeroes in on one sentence at a time (she won't say "I did it!" now that she's focusing on "I like this!"), I'm still amazed that she has this ability to pull complete sentences out of nowhere and still have them be relevant to the situation. My smarty Cupcake.


signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...