Monday, April 2, 2012

Daycare

The Cupcake starts daycare tomorrow. Jelly Bean and I just started our third trimester together, and I am getting worn out very quickly. Also, R has been harder to take with me to doctor appointments because she gets scared and protective of me. I have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow. R needs to be at daycare.

IMG_20120324_113147

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried.

What doesn't help is that Senpai showed me "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" last night. It's the prequel to "Planet of the Apes," where James Franco raises a chimpanzee (I had to go to IMDB to find out what kind of monkey it was. I can't tell those things apart!) from birth. At a critical point in the movie, James Franco has to relinquish his beloved chimp, Caesar, to an animal sanctuary. James doubts that the sanctuary will take good care of Caesar, and he's right. Cue my heart breaking for the poor monkey, abandoned, abused, and alone. James Franco has no idea what trials Caesar encounters. In the end, of course, Caesar becomes stronger for the hardship he's endured, and he leads his misfit group of monkeys to freedom while the human race eventually meets its untimely demise. Good stuff.

How am I supposed to leave R at daycare now???

I won't be there to watch over her. I won't be there to protect her. I can take comfort in the fact that a toddler uprising against authority and the subsequent decline of the population is highly unlikely. What is more likely to happen is that R will learn to protect herself. She will learn to rise above challenges without her Mommy. Tough lessons.

I hope she finds comfort in the daycare staff. I hope they can fill her needs. I toured three daycare centers, and the one we chose has the best ratio of children to adults. In my opinion, it will fill her needs for the two days out of the week that she will go. I hope I'm right.



signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...