Thursday, August 16, 2012

Precious Cargo

Precious Cargo

The house is quiet. I sit at my desk, completely aware of how lucky I am to have nothing else to do. That's not true, really. The house is a mess; there is always laundry to be done, dishes to be washed, sticky surfaces to be wiped, cloth diapers to be folded, etc, etc, etc... But I won't do any of it right now, because I don't want to disturb my precious cargo.

Untitled

She doesn't nap well without me. Her little eye just peeked open, challenging me to put her down. I'm watching you. Really, I should be pacing, lulling this baby into a deep sleep, but I'm pausing for a moment to write. And since I don't want to type on my phone as I do my rounds of the dining room table, I will sit for a moment, get up, sit for a moment, get up. This is why I haven't written much since Poppy's been home. :-)


Floor Sleeper

I went upstairs to retrieve Poppy's reflux medicine from my bedside table, and this is what was waiting for me:

Untitled

What inspires a kid to sleep on the floor when there is a perfectly good bed right next to her? I have to wonder, did she drop like a fly, or did she pause for a moment and think, "This looks like a particularly comfy stretch of carpet." It boggles the mind.

The reason for the weird framing of the photo is because I was trying to exclude her naked bum from the shot. ^_^ Speaking of which, potty training is going great. She is 100% diaper-free, and, while accidents still happen, their frequency has diminished.


Three Months

3 Month Checkup

Poppy is three months old now. She eats every hour during the day, and then goes for five hour stretches at night. Reflux has got her bad. I walk around with a prefold tucked into my back pocket like a waiter with his napkin, so I always have it on hand to mop spit-up off my shoulders, Poppy, and the floor. She "snacks" every hour as this is easier on her stomach than taking full servings every three. But she nurses every time. And the nipple shield is a long forgotten memory. Yeah, we're doing well.



signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...