Wednesday, June 26, 2013

We Need Shaving Cream. LOTS of Shaving Cream.


Here it is... our final week of 3 days at daycare. Next week, R's time at daycare will be cut to just one day, because it's better for Mommy and Daddy's wallets.

She's been doing so well there. Being around other kids and listening to an adult other than Mommy and Daddy has paved the way towards her going to preschool. She still plays on her own instead of with the other kids, and she doesn't speak up in group discussions, but I credit that to her introversion. I recently read the book, "Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking" by Susan Cain, and it has opened my eyes to how introversion is genetic. We're just wired differently, introverts and extroverts. And you can get an introvert to eventually adapt to the extroverted world, but at the end of the day, they just want some time to themselves. I'm okay with that. I'm an introvert, too, after all; who better to understand her than her bookish mother? So if the girl wants to play by herself at daycare, let her play by herself. She has a good friend at Storytime, and she plays with her sister here at home. She'll be alright.

Poppy will certainly enjoy more time with her sister. She gets bored when it's just her and I at home. She constantly clings to my leg, waiting for me to pick her up again. But when Rosemary is home, the two of them get into such mischief. They had a blast on Monday.

I had bought a Lysol automatic soap dispenser to help Rosemary be more independent in the bathroom. She knows how to move her stool back and forth between the big potty and the sink, and she can climb up on the big potty all by herself now. The only thing she still needed my help with was working the pump on the soap bottle. I thought the automatic dispenser would work so well. And it did... a little TOO well.

The trouble started in the morning when Rosemary's toothpaste looked especially foamy in her mouth. Yup, the girl had put soap on her toothbrush. Then R washed her hands after lunch. I heard the water going for awhile. How long does it take rinse peanut butter off your hands? I walked in there and saw that the entire bottle of soap had been emptied. Sink, stool, floor... there was soap everywhere. Miraculously, somehow Rosemary avoided getting soap on herself. I cleaned all of that up, and then I heard Poppy start to grunt like she was pooping. I ripped the diaper off of her and put her on the little potty, but there was already some poop in the diaper which got on my hands. Because Rosemary had finished off the soap bottle, I had to run to the kitchen to get soap for my hands. When I returned to the bathroom, Poppy had climbed off the potty, but was still peeing and pooping. I got her cleaned up and then set her in the living room to play while I cleaned up the bathroom. There was no toilet paper to pick up the poop off the floor because Rosemary had used it all, so I ran to the basement to grab another roll. When I came back up, Poppy had knocked over my large sports mug full of water that Rosemary had removed from the kitchen table and set on the couch.

Are you laughing yet?

There will certainly be more stories like this since Rosemary will be home more often. I bought the girls wet shoes so I can take them to the splash pad. I am following homeschool and playtime blogs, trying to get ideas to keep them entertained and out of mischief. One thing's for sure: it looks like I need to buy shaving cream. LOTS of shaving cream. (Why do all of the cool crafts involve shaving cream?)


signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...