Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Final Exam Time

Okay, so I didn't get into this on Sunday like I had hoped I would. Looks like I'll just have to ignore my splitting headache (dehydration, anyone?) for the moment and crank these out like a final exam.


December 5 Let Go.
What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?

I had to let go of a lot of things to make room for my baby: sleep, frivolity, time with friends, time for myself, focusing on myself. Those are the ones that immediately come to mind. I don't regret it, though. Life is so much more exciting having her here.


December 6 Make.
What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?

What was the last thing? Maybe R's pacifier keeper that I made from a ribbon.
I'm not a whiz with a hot glue gun but...

Oh, nevermind! In looking for that picture (not like I had to, we have that pacifier clipped to her every single day, hence it's in A LOT of pictures) I reminded myself that I made R and my Halloween costumes. I'm very proud of those mermaid costumes, but I am NOT looking forward to doing that again anytime soon. Good thing Halloween is only once a year.

Things I want to make are many, but things I know I'll make... I hope the list doesn't get chopped down too much. I am in the middle of crocheting R a stuffed animal, I still want to crochet her a hat, and I want to make a "Happy Birthday" banner before well, her first birthday.


December 7 Community.
Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?

I have not joined any sort of community this year, in fact, I became even more isolated than I had been before. Well, maybe that's not true. I have discovered mommy blogs. I have more info on how to handle certain child-raising challenges and obstacles because I can peek into the minds of other moms who have been there or are there. I get to see what joys I can look forward to, as well.

In 2011, I'd like to start getting R and I to participate in real, live mommy groups. Mommy and me classes, playgroups, bring it on. She's getting to be old enough to play with other kiddos. R needs friends and so do I. ^_^



signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...